Friday 18 December 2015

The Egg White Face Mask


Hey everyone!
Welcome back!

I might be the only one but I'm finding Christmas stressful this year, it might be down to working extra hours and the fact that I'm also doing a course, but tonight I felt like I needed a bit of me time to relax and unwind before the craziness begins at work!

I haven't done a face mask in ages and I'm all out of my mask of magnaminty unfortunately..so I had a brainwave and said I'd try out the egg white facemask and.. I love it! I first heard of this off of Nikki Tutorials and her skin is to die for! so I trusted her opinion, tried it and if I liked it said I'd share it with all of you!

So here is a (short) list of the ingredients needed and a little background on some of the ingredients benefits:

Ingredients

1 egg white

Just crack the egg over a bowl and transfer the yolk back and forth, the egg white should flow into the bowl. The egg whites will nourish and firm your skin, and also tighten your pores.

Lemon Juice


Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the egg white. Either fresh or from a bottle. Personal preference!
Then using a fork, whisk the mixture rapidly until the egg white becomes foamy and frothy. The lemon juice will act as a natural astringent, help tame acne. It also helps to lighten the skin so if you suffer from any acne redness this mask will definitely help with that!

Honey


Then add 1/2 a tablespoon of honey and mix everything again.
Honey is anti-bacterial and also an antiseptic. It also moisturises and nourishes the skin.

After the mask is prepared, wash your face with warm water, this will open up your pores. Apply the mask with your fingers or cotton rounds, maybe hold a towel underneath when applying as this is a runny formula and tends to drip a lot before it dries!

Leave it on for 10-15 Minutes and lie back and relax!
When washing off use warm water and splash it on your face and rub I'm circular motions gently.
Then moisturise and apply your creams as normal. The lemon can be drying so applying moisturiser would be recommended!

I was amazed at how such a simple mask can make my skin feel so refreshed and plump! My pores look smaller and my skin really is glowing after it.
And the best thing is it's so affordable, readily available and fast!

I would really recommend trying this out, I promise you won't regret it!
If you do try it let me know how you get on!

Have a happy and safe Christmas everyone!

Until the next time

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment