Thursday 10 December 2015

Review - Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer


Hey everybody! Welcome back!

I haven't blogged in over a week. I think we can all agree this is the busiest time of year for us all, and balancing a full time job and assignments on top of it makes it hard to sit down and write good quality posts. But I'm going to try my best to get back into my weekly routine!

And this week I have a review on a new foundation I've been using for the past few weeks. It's the Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-In-1 Foundation And Concealer


This foundation is relatively new to the market and I first heard about it from the amazing Kandee Johnson 


and if you follow or watch her you know, if she likes it, its a must have!
So trusting her word, I ordered one straight away on Brown Thomas and it retails for 33 euro!

I did a bit of hunting of foundation colours and settled on Creamwhip and thankfully it's a perfect match! first off lets have a look at some of the claims for the foundation off Clinique's website!

Benefits: Moisturizing
Skin Types: Works for all skin types.
 Finish: Natural-Matte
Coverage: Full, Moderate to Full

          "A foundation-and-concealer in one for a natural, beyond perfected look that lasts all day. Lightweight, moisturizing makeup covers thoroughly without clogging pores. Skin breathes comfortably, colour stays true, even through sweat and humidity.
Due to the rich pigment level that enhances this flawless coverage makeup, shades may appear deeper when first applied. Once blended completely and allowed to dry, Beyond Perfecting Makeup will melt into your skin for a Beyond Perfected flawless look. A little goes a long way!"

I must say I have to agree with these claims, I am absolutely in love with this foundation! I was a little weary at first due to the unusual packaging, being a doe-foot applicator I thought immediately of it hording bacteria and causing breakouts. But I've been using it for over a month and I haven't notice any problems because of the applicator. I actually grew to love it!

A little really does go a long, long way! It is very pigmented and has a thicker consistency so it also provides a full coverage but it doesn't look cakey and looks pretty natural.
I always set my foundation with powder and apply a primer and I haven't noticed and issues with it breaking up or getting shiny throughout the day. It does leave a glow but you don't look oily!

Here is a picture of all the current shades available!



I think this foundation is going to grow to be one of the best foundations on the market. I'm absolutely in love with it! Here is a picture of my makeup the night I went to the Debenhams Blogger event.  It was on my face at this stage for a total of 11 hours, I just re-powdered and sprayed some Fix+ and I think it held up pretty well!


So girls if your other half is stuck for ideas for Christmas presents you can always send them towards this! or you can always just...


Thanks for reading everyone!
I'll have another post up next week on my skincare/makeup removal routine and all about my favourite products to use.


Have a great and safe weekend!
XO







1 comment:

  1. The fact that this one is moisturizing, is for all skin types and has a natural-matte
    finish foundation
    means that I'm in love with it already :)

    ReplyDelete