Thursday 26 November 2015

Empties Review: The BEST Eye-Makeup Remover on the market for under 5 Euro!


Hey everyone! Welcome back!

I'm back this week with another empties review, and this is about my all time favorite eye-makeup remover. I have used them all. high end and low end and honestly this works just as well (if not better) than all of them and it's a fraction of the price!


It's of course the Nivea Double Effect Eye-Makeup Remover, You can purchase it HERE for only €2.49 at the moment! It's usually €4.99 which is fantastic value!
Let's have a look at some of it's claims:

"NIVEA Daily essentials Double Effective Eye Make-up Remover with a two-phase extra strength formula:
The oil phase effectively removes even waterproof mascara and eye-make-up.
Specially formulated and tested for the sensitive eye area.
The aqueous phase protects and cares for the eye lashes with it's caring formula, without leaving an oily residue."

I have to say I completely agree! first off, I wear eye makeup everyday, shadow, a wing and mascara and what I've found the most effective way to apply the remover is to soak to little cotton rounds and hold them up to my eyes for 10-15 seconds. This will allow the oil to penetrate the makeup so you avoid wiping and dragging afterwards, which can cause premature aging to the eye area, as the skin there is very thin and delicate. After I leave the cotton rounds soak, I very gently make circular motions to remove and stubborn mascara or liner, then softly wipe them outwards and genuinely it removes every trace of makeup! I've used it on standard and waterproof mascara and it works like a charm on both!
It doesn't leave an oily residue afterwards and my eye area feels really soft and supple! If I were wearing heavier eye makeup i'd soak a cotton bud and gently wipe around my lash-line. To continue with eye care after removal, I would suggest applying an eye-cream or oil to keep the area hydrated.
I have tried nearly every high end brand from clarins to even YSL. Although all are great products and effective, This does the job just as well and it's cheap, cheerful and available nearly everywhere!
 I've been using this for months and it never even crossed my mind to blog about it until my boyfriends mam asked me for some suggestions on eye makeup removers as she had just finished a Lancome one, I told her about this and the minute she used it she said I had to write a post about it!
So I would highly highly suggest this to anybody on the hunt for a new eye-makeup remover, or if you're just looking to switch up your routine! And i can guarantee you'll never have this problem again..


Thanks so much for reading everyone!

I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend!

Until the next time, 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment