Sunday 19 July 2015

My Top 3 Ride or Die Longwearing Foundations! (High End)



Hey Everyone!

Welcome back! Today's blog is my top 3 reliable long lasting foundations, put to the test by yours truly. 

Before I get into the countdown, I'd just like to thank everybody for all the support on the launch of my first every blog post, I was honestly blown away from all the Positivity I received! You have all really given me a boost of confidence and I can't wait to get stuck into it, i have a lot of ideas and can't wait to share them with all of you:)

Now for the foundations! This list in particular is focused on higher end foundations, so they are a little bit pricey, but if you're looking for a trustworthy foundation that will last all day and look stunning, one of these might be what you're looking for.


  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup

This foundation is top of the list for a reason! This is my Holy Grail! It really does not budge from the minute you put it on your face. I personally always set my foundation with powder, so that will help with it lasting even longer, but if you are on the dryer side, you could totally skip powdering! It's just all down to personal preference. I apply less than an almond amount size of this with a damp beauty blender, and it goes such a long way. It covers imperfections completely and dries to a semi-matte finish, so it looks really nice with or without powder. I work with food all day and have a lot of 6 a.m. starts and this lasts me until 8 p.m. or later! This will definitely always be repurchased by me. 1 bottle lasts me 4-5 months and I wear it almost everyday. My shade is 2N1 Desert Beige for anybody wondering. This Retails for €37.00.

  • NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation



I have grown to love this next foundation! It's relatively new to the market. It got my attention straight away when i saw it was claiming 16 hour wear but still leaving a luminous finish. It's a very Liquidy formula and very highly pigmented, a little bit really goes a long way. The one issue i had with this foundation was that i found it hard to blend at the start, I noticed it kind of left some dry patches on my face. But after i amped up my skin care and started using a good moisturiser, dry patches were no longer an issue and it applies like a dream. This lasts all day but doesn't stay as matte as Estee Lauder, but it does leave a subtle glow. I keep this foundations more for special occasions or days off. My shade is Deauville and this foundation Retails for €43.00.

  • MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

Finally we have the very popular Pro Longwear foundation by MAC. This one really is a lovely foundation to wear! Very light wearing but still gives a medium to buildable coverage. Lasts a very long time on the skin and gives a natural matte finish. I love this foundation, very reliable and easy to apply.Paired with the infamous Pro Longwear concealer you'll achieve a bullet-proof canvas for your makeup! My colour is NW20. This Retails for €36.50


And thats it for my Top 3 Longwearing foundations! I really do stand by these products! I hope you have found this helpful if you're looking for a holy grail foundation that wont slip or slide off your face!
All of these products can be found on http://www.brownthomas.com/  and they have a very fast delivery time! 

Again given these are high end i know they are pricey but I am planning a Drugstore Top 3 in the coming weeks so keep an eye out for that!

Thank you for reading and if you purchase any of these products based off my recommendations make sure to let me know how you get on with them! :)

Until the next time dolls! Take care :)

Kelsey 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment