Saturday 6 February 2016

My Tips To Achieving The Perfect Brows


Hey Everybody!
Welcome to my first blog post of February!
For this post I've decided to share a few of my little tips to achieving the perfect brows!
I've only recently mastered the sculpting technique myself and I've seen it make a major difference in Giving my eyebrows a cleaner, crisp shape!
So here's my steps that I use to achieve it!


1. Picking the right pencil

I have tried nearly every pencil on the market it seems and I've tried every price point. I've realised that wax based pencils are not for me. I have thinner brows and wax pencils didn't make them appear very natural. So I took the plunge and tried the infamous Anastasia Brow Wiz which is a dryer formula and I absolutely loved it! Though when I ran out of it I needed something else to keep me going until I could re-order one. So I tried the NYX eyebrow pencil and was blown away to find it's practically a dupe for the brow wiz! Same type of formula and pencil shape. I've been using It for nearly a year now and I don't see myself ever changing it up! I would highly recommend to anyone, from people starting out to regular makeup gurus! I know it's available in Sam McCauley's Midleton currently. I use the shade Light Brown.

Nyx Eyebrow Pencil. (Light Brown)

2. Sculpting 

I have only recently started doing this technique and it honestly makes such a difference to my eyebrows! After you have filled in and shaped your brows, take a little bit of concealer and an angled brush, very carefully run the concealer just underneath your eyebrow, then carefully blend out with your finger. It leaves your eyebrow super sharp and clean. It also erases any wobbly lines that may have occurred! There are countless YouTube Tutorials on this technique and it's actually very easy to
master. Here are the two products I love to use!

Real Techniques Eyebrow Brush.
Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer. (02 Light-Clair)
    
3. Setting Your Brows
Finally you want to make sure those fleeky brows stay put all day long! Setting them with an eyebrow gel (Clear or tinted-personal preference!) will ensure just that. I personally really like the Rimmel Brow This Way. It keeps my eyebrows in place and in shape all day, and if I go a bit heavy on the pencil, the light tones in the gel lighten them up a bit! It also has a precise little brush so it wont get onto your surrounding skin and it sweeps nicely through every brow.

Rimmel Brow This Way-Brow Styling Gel. (001 Blonde)

Here is the finished look!

It took me a loooong time to get a hold on my eyebrows trust me! If your 13 or 14 and reading this DO NOT PLUCK YOUR EYEBROWS haha!
It really is worth it to leave them grow out and get them shaped professionally. Once you over-pluck the odds of the hair re-growing is very slim.

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Have a great weekend everyone!

XO








No comments:

Post a Comment